Jan 25, 2012

Craft Hope : Craftivism and Project 16: Beanies and Tote Bags for Kids with Cancer


Have you heard of Craft Hope? I've written about my involvement in some of their previous projects making  a quilt  here and fun bracelets here, but thought I'd let you know about their latest project, and hopefully inspire you to participate!


Project 16: The Littlest Warriors 


The latest project is calling for knit beanies/hats (sized from babies to teenagers) and tote bags filled with fun things such as small toys and colouring books to send on to kids who are currently battling cancer. Inspired by 41/2 year old Pierce, the song of a friend of Jade who runs Craft Hope who is fighting a battle with leukemia, this project is easy to do, can be done by yourself and in a group, and will definitely help touch the lives of kids like Pierce who could use some brightness and cheer.

I thought I'd collect a few ideas for totes and hats to get you (and myself) started!
(click the images to go to the tutorials)

This tote would be perfect for stashing some crayons and a colouring book:




Totes made of tshirts would be fun and functional




Felt or fleece bags would be really soft and customizable with shapes and animals for younger kids





Easy knit hat for kids




Aborable hat--love the bow!



Easy hat for older kids



For more information, check out the Craft Hope Facebook page.

♥ Craftzilla 

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!