Sep 25, 2011

Things I Made and Saw - Wedding Adventures

On Friday, I made a trip to Toronto to meet up with some old university friends Kate and Serena (we lived in residence together in first year) to see one of our other university friends, Maricor, get hitched! Here are some pictures from the reception and our adventures--I hope you enjoy!

Some silly pics of us getting ready:

DSCF3802


DSCF3797

DSCF3798

In the car on the way to the reception--it was a bit bumpy in our classy Mini-van cab

DSCF3806

DSCF3808


Finally arrived at the reception

DSCF3809

Look how pretty!

DSCF3810

After a few appetizers, we realized we were in THE WRONG RECEPTION.

It was good when we finally found the right reception

DSCF3813

DSCF3814

DSCF3816

Our first view of the bride's lovely dress!

DSCF3817

DSCF3822

Maricor and her new husband Christian together

DSCF3821

Then there was wine, thankfully

DSCF3819

DSCF3820

DSCF3818

The tables looked really pretty -both our table and the head table

DSCF3824

DSCF3834

Cake/ Cupcakes/Cake pops

DSCF3829

DSCF3831

DSCF3830

DSCF3832

Waiting for dinner rolls...got bored --fun pictures time again!

DSCF3826

DSCF3827


As you might have noticed, I really like food and thus documented the dinner on my phone

Tuna Asparagus salad and Butternut squash pasta--shaped like hearts

Butternut squash pasta on TwitpicFirst course: tuna asparagus salad on Twitpic

Filet Mignon *drool* I sent this picture to Zen and his response of "You can't tell, but I'm crying now" made me feel a little bit badly, but I still ate the whole thing.

Desserts! yum! I had the chocolate mousse sort of one and it was very tasty.

Dessert-server knew I needed chocolate! on TwitpicFilet mignon! on Twitpic

Cake cutting by the happy couple

DSCF3853

Other fun ensued--I was in the top five of the dance contest for "dinner and a show" --which turned out to be a box of Mac and Cheese and a kid's DVD, har har, danced a lot, may have had a minor wardrobe malfunction (what to do...)

The view on Lake Ontario was also pretty fancy!

DSCF3862

DSCF3863

All in all a fun wedding! Though being mostly an old lady, I was glad when it was over by like 1am so we could go back to the hotel and sleep!

On the way home the next day, we needed coffee, and stopped in a fun coffee place with lots of antiques. This stove was the awesomest, and had the best product name ever!

DSCF3865

DSCF3866

♥ Craftzilla

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!