Jun 12, 2011

30 Before 30 - Goals for the Coming year

So Tuesday was my 29th birthday, and I decided that a list of the things I 'd like to accomplish in the coming year would likely help with actually accomplishing things :) I 've been thinking a lot about the whole "getting my shit together" since reading this post and have been trying to think of all the places where I often feel frazzled and lost, and of goals I have set that have been a long time in getting done. No one likes a tome of a to do list, and I am no exception but eventually, at some point, the things gotta get done! I figure some goals reaching over the next year, that encompass the most important of the things I want to get done, as well as things that would just make me happy, would be super useful in keeping myself motivated, and hopefully help bypass that feeling you tend to get each birthday, when you're not sure if you have anything to show for the last year or not.

So here is my list, in no particular order: 

1. Retake G1 exam and get full G2 license
2. Try to get at least 7.5 hours of sleep every night
3. Work on something crafty every day
4. Go to studio at least 3 times a week
5. Tidy up the apartment a bit every day --goal: 20 minutes
6. Finish creating Craftzilla Facebook page
7. Get a passport and use it to travel somewhere fun that requires a passport
8. Start practicing yoga again on a regular basis (try for 3 times a week)
9. Keep a clean inbox in all my emails
10. Participate in some kind of Photo project (i.e. 365 Day portrait,30 Day photo challenge)
11. Get new Etsy shop up and going -- and make a few sales!
12. Organize some crafty events in town (i.e. Etsy Team for Guelph, another craft Party, perhaps an Etsy sellers show)
13. Take some photos every day
14. Get at least an 80 in every course I take this year
15. Try to be mindful of my temper and don't take stress out on loved ones
16.  Limit TV watching --try for 1 hour a day max
17. Finish a knitted sweater
18. Take a screenprinting class 
19. Take a weekly yoga class
20. Visit a city I’ve never been to before
21. Go on a weekend getaway somewhere
22. Read at least 10 more from the BBC Big Read List
23. Go to a museum I've never been to before
24. Have a tea party
25. Pay off credit card debt and keep a $0 balance
26. Learn to use Photoshop proficiently
27. Get to 100 blog posts
28. Host a blog giveaway
29. Learn to use my serger
30. Plan a fancy picnic with dishes I haven't made before

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!