May 27, 2013

Celebrating Life


On Thursday, our family gathered to inter my grandma's ashes and to have a final celebration of life for her at the Royal Canadian Legion in Peterborough, where she was a lifetime member of the Ladies Auxiliary. It was wonderful to attend a service where everyone had known her, and we were able to learn a little more about her that we hadn't known. It was a lovely service and an amazing way to remember her. As you can see in the photo above, someone even made sure she had a drink for the road.


I didn't notice this until I actually saw the photo, but I really love the quote the Legion has on their remembrance board. I looked it up, and it's actually a part of a poem by Laurence Binyon written during WWI, but this one ode has been used to remember the fallen and is often referred to as the Ode of Remembrance:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Reta (Radka) Orford
November 11th 1931 - May 4, 2013 


♥ Craftzilla 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!