Jan 18, 2013

DIY Jewelry Display

DSCF5698 edit

I've been the world's worst editor of photos it seems, as I just found a bunch of photos from the summer that I haven't shared at all on the blog. Among them were these photos for this fun DIY jewelry display that I made to show off some of my knitted pins.

Here's what you'll need:

An old frame with a removable back and glass
Some card stock, cardboard or an old file folder
A piece of cotton batting
Glue gun and glue sticks
Scissors

DSCF5695 edit

What I did:
  • I removed the back and the glass from the frame. This frame ended up working really well for this project, since the back attached to the frame with two screws. 
  • Trace the inside of the frame onto the card stock/ cardboard or file folder and cut it out with scissors. 
  •  Cut out your batting and fabric a bit larger than your cardboard shape. Lay the fabric wrong side up on a flat surface, then add the batting and the cardboard piece.  (see image below)

DSCF5696
  • Wrap the fabric and batting around the cardboard and secure with your glue gun. 
  • Trim the excess fabric and put the back back onto your frame
DSCF5699 edit

Voila, you have an awesome jewelry display!

If you end up making one of these displays, I'd love to see how yours turned out!

♥ Craftzilla 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Love the frame!
    Have a fab weekend!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy! I'm pleased with how it turned out:) It's nice when you can do a quick and fun little project like this !

      xx Gillian

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!