Oct 22, 2012

Reclaiming Positivity



I was thinking today about all the journals and notebooks of terrible, angsty poetry that I have lying around, and the many posts I made on my LiveJournal back in the day. When I started this blog, I wanted to get away from just talking about the frustrations happening in my life, and more into telling interesting stories and sharing fun crafts and some positive experiences of my day to day life. But lately, I've been feeling like most of my posts have been about feeling overwhelmed and over-scheduled, and while that is a real part of my life right now, I don't want it to be the only one that I show on here, since I know reading about this over and over can get a bit tedious.  So what better advice for me to take than just to embrace the fact that life can be messy, full of struggles and sometimes hard, but that there is always something beautiful to find in the smallest moments of each day?

Those are the moments I want to focus on and really highlight on this blog--the awesome thrifted find, the progress on a project that makes me happy, the tasty dinner I cooked up,  the relaxing and beautiful walk I took with the dog or the way the sun shone through the window. The perfection of a fall leaf, red and yellow and green in all the right proportions. The poetry in every day life. Some of the trials and tribulations, but more of the joys and the beauty. The shiny-ness of a brand new (and functioning!)  laptop  will hopefully lead to a  return to a bit more regular of a schedule in terms of blogging for me, depending on how crazy school and work continue to be for the present.

At any rate, I want to keep the following things in mind to make this blog a more positive place for me to share the good things going on in my life and keep the below quote in mind..."Every day may not be good, but there is good in every day."


What do you do to keep positive when you've had a stressful week?

♥ Craftzilla

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!