Oct 9, 2012

Many Hats and Good intentions

I'm linking up today with the lovely mavens over at  The Maven Circle's Truthy Tuesdays series, as we share our thoughts on wearing many hats in life and how we deal with it. Click over to The Maven Circle to see other awesome posts and find out how to join in!


Source: topit.me via Gillian on Pinterest




 I'd like to be able to say that I wear my many hats and roles gracefully, but I feel stitched together, hanging on a fragile thread without any way to strengthen my hold.  I'd rather switch out my mad flurry of hats for the time to enjoy the one I have on, to break it in to fit my head perfectly, rather than switching from hat to hat without rhyme or reason.

I'm one of those people who are full of good intentions, who always mean to get everything done that I say I will, but that ultimately over-schedule myself and take on too much to be realistic. I get stressed and I hide out to try to get things done but often have trouble gaining my focus as I switch from task to task. 

 In a perfect world, I'd have more down time to enjoy all the things that I'd really say are important, and not always be struggling to catch up, to find some time to spend enjoying the things that are really important to me and not get caught up in the filler.

I'd find the right hat that fits perfectly, and spend some time with it, designing my wardrobe around it and letting it get worn in all the right places.  I'd patch its holes with buttons from concerts, patches and collections of thread of many colours, stitched in enticing zig zags and whorls. It would be a part of me; people would recognize me by it in the street. 

But for now, I have to settle for the flurry of hats of school and work and crafting when I can , because the flurry and the madness will eventually lead me to my one right hat, one of these days.

♥ Craftzilla 




4 comments:

  1. Aw, this post is sweet Gillian! I know what you feel like now but I also know you're getting closer and closer to that one (or few) hats that suit you best. Thanks for sharing your thoughts this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know I am, it's just a tough few months to get through!

      Delete
  2. I certainly understand where you're coming from on this one, and find myself constantly stretching myself thin and struggling with it. It is hard to really decide which hat suits you best and I find it particularly difficult when most of the people around me have it all figured out (and are substantially younger than me). Alas. We'll get it one day Gillian! One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I think that's the thing I'm struggling with too--I feel a bit like I should be at a different place in my life than I am, but I guess it's just a case of having to take our own time about things!

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!