Sep 15, 2012

Literature Inspired Knits

When looking around on Knitty the other day for some knitting inspiration, I noticed there were a lot of knits around that were inspired by literature. I've always been a voracious reader, and pairing my love of reading with one of my other loves, knitting, is definitely right up my alley. I collected a few of my favourites for you to enjoy!

Middlemarch 


This Middlemarch sweater from Knitty is fantastic--it's nicely shaped, and the lace detail is amazing and pretty. I love the reasoning behind the creation of this sweater: "Named for George Eliot’s great Victorian novel, this sweater marries Rosamond’s longing for novelty and fashion with Dorothea’s practical and egalitarian edge. Structural and feminine, it features an avant garde approach to lace."




                                                         


Pride and Prejudice


The second edition of Jane Austen knits also came out this summer, and the pattern for Miss Bingley's feathered head wrap is so cute--it's the perfect head wrap for a character like Miss Bingley as she was busy scheming against Jane in Pride and Prejudice.


Anne of Green Gables 


I mentioned the other week that I did a re-reading of all of the Anne of Green Gables books, and this hat inspired by the lush countryside and walks along Lover's Lane (the pattern is even called Lover's Lane) may make me do a bit of a nerdy dance. I love the colour too!



Little Women 


This knit inspired by one of my favourite books ever, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, is an amazing hooded shawl, called Jo's Pride. If you're not familiar with the book, Jo's pride is generally referred to in the book as her hair, which she cuts off and sells at one point in the story to help her family. At any rate, I definitely wouldn't mind keeping my head warm with this hooded shawl!



♥ Craftzilla

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!