Aug 17, 2012

FO: Sun Hat and Project Bag

With the disarray of my sewing space, it's been awhile since I actually finished an entire project, especially a sewing one! I had the afternoon off on Friday and a sleepy boyfriend who wasn't much company, so I decided to start a project that I've wanted to do for a long time, which is the sun hat from Lotta Jansdotter's book, Simple Sewing: Patterns and How to for 24 Simple Projects . I found some fun fabrics, cut out the pieces and got to sewing.

DSCF5666

To be honest, I made a few mistakes in sewing the pieces together, and needed some fixing of the hat once it was all sewn together to fit my head properly, but now that it's done, I love it!

DSCF5667

I also had some extra fabric left over (and I'd cut out more circles than I needed for the top of the hat) so I decided to make a simple drawstring project bag out of the leftover fabric. I also love how this turned out, and I'm dying to tote it to knit night with a cute new project in it :)

♥ Craftzilla

Photobucket




4 comments:

  1. Love the fabric!

    I'm not usually a big fan of those type of hats, but that fabric makes it look amazing. Although I'm loving my crochet time right now prepping for the show, I can't wait to sit at my machine & play. Of course I have to get the mister to fix my sewing chair that his friend broke...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I really loved it too--it was some my mom gave me I think:) Same here, I generally find these hats sorta boring, but this fabric screamed awesome hat to me!

      Boo, he should get on fixing that up for you before he gets too busy at school....a girl's gotta have some space to sew to keep her sanity!

      Delete
  2. This is so clever and thrifty, love it! Glad I stumbled upon this blog, gotta go through the archives for some craft inspiration now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the post and hope you find some crafty inspiration-I've been visiting your blog for a year or so too, and definitely always get some thrifty inspiration!

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!