Apr 17, 2012

Tax Day : Drowning under Paperwork

I actually didn't realize today is Tax Day in the US when I decided to try to get all my tax stuff finally together today, since Canada's deadline isn't until the end of April, but boy howdy, am I still ever wishing that I got all of this done a lot sooner. I'm also wishing that Canada celebrated more boring things like doing your taxes with drinking and deals on tasty comfort foods as seems to be the case in the US, if my Twitter feed and tons of posts on Facebook and the internets are any indication. Clearly the US is definitely more enlightened in some respects.

Here's a hilarious stock photo that captures how I could look if I did my taxes in my underwear and a men's dress shirt, and owned such a gigantic calculator:

source
At any rate, I have no tasty snacks, and am trying to gather up all the stuff I need for taxes for regular stuff, school stuff, and operating my Etsy store for it's first 6 months in 2011, and all I have is a headache and the need for more coffee, but here's hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel and a nice refund in my hand sometime soon! Additionally, I definitely need to think up a better strategy for keeping everything organized for next year, because my current system is just not working.

Any tax tips for me, lovely readers? Especially those of you who run your own crafty businesses?

♥ Craftzilla

2 comments:

  1. I have no tax advice sadly. I'm accounting major but taxes is SO not my area! haha. Is it sad that my mom actually has the calculator in that picture? It is huge.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for the luck at least! Amusing to hear even accounting people can be no good with taxes -- there's some hope for me yet!

      And yes, owning a calculator that huge =hilariousness !

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!