Jan 5, 2012

A Thought for Thursday: Courage


Source: tumblr.com via Gillian on Pinterest


If I'm being honest: I've been having trouble lately with getting through the day, even with getting outside to do normal errands like go to the grocery store or get some milk. I'm having trouble thinking about my job situation of late and not wanting to hide under the covers and not come out again. I've been fighting with the boy, my apartment is a mess, I'm behind on my school readings already, and I have no clean clothes to wear, again. I'm having trouble coming up with all the reasons I know are there why people should hire me, and I feel like whenever I reach out to anyone, my attempts are largely unnoticed.

But I know I've been in this situation before, we all have, and I can't expect myself to be a resume sending off dynamo every day, that I might feel down some days, and I might not get everything done that I set out to accomplish every day, largely because I pack my to do list too full to really be attainable.

So I'm going to scale back my expectations of myself a bit, give myself a bit of time to regroup and recharge as needed, and try not to get so down on things. I'll try to find the courage to deal with setbacks, to get up and start again tomorrow if needed, and not get frustrated with myself and this situation as much as I can. I'll deal with the important things as I'm able and remind myself that things will work out as they should if I put in some effort and be open to all that is to come.

But feel free to shoot me a nice comment today friends--I could sure use it:)

♥ Craftzilla 


Elf House Chronicles

10 comments:

  1. Sweetie, I've come to realize so many times the past few weeks that the great things don't come easy. Things are just testing you to see if you really want your dreams bad enough.

    Don't give up! You are an amazing lady & extremely talented crafter. Things will settle down & work out. Trust me...this is coming from a gal who has been there & done that many times. And any time you need a bit of encouragement, remember I'm just a chat window away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can dooo eeeet! And if you can make it to knitting, even for 30 seconds, I will squish you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the best! Chin up - because I know you have great things headed your direction! We have all been through tough times and I encourage you to lean on us for support and encouragment! I'm here to chat any time you need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, sorry that I only got to reading your post now! If I had read it earlier I could have imbued you with a positive thought! Still: it's a really, really great idea to take a step back, prioritise what is most important today and try not to worry too much about the minutiae. Best wishes, and always feel free to rant and unload: we're hear to listen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give yourself credit for the things you did accomplish rather than beat yourself up for the things you didn't. After all, tomorrow is another day and another chance to shine with all the brightness you can manage. We all tend to take on too much and feel guilty, horrible and/or overwhelmed. Stop and think about WHAT really matters, and even if you only take baby steps toward accomplishing it, as long as you move forward, you are doing great! Chin up kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kelly Messer Thanks lady, you are super fancy to say so! Thanks for always being there for lil ole me and being such a positive gal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Angela Thanks lady! I know I can, especially with awesome friends like you! The squish and the laughs at knitting were much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Manda Jane Thanks for looking into the future for me lady! I'll make sure to share and send ya a chat next time I need a break from all this job looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Mermith Mae Thankee Jordy! You're full of the positive thoughts, you seem to practically exude them in my direction, and it's appreciated! I'm trying not to sweat the little things, I guess just some days are easier than others, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @heartsease54 Aww thanks for the lovely words...that is exactly what I'm struggling with doing. Clearly I need to be a bit more aware of all the good things I do get done rather than focusing on where I feel I failed, and I'm sure things will end up ok:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!