Nov 23, 2011

Getting in the Spirit of Things - What I Love about Christmas

DSCF1632

I saw this quick little quiz over on Caitlin's blog and I knew I had to participate to get a bit into the Christmas spirit --as well as do something fun to make my brain happy!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I actually hadn't really tried egg nog til last year, since I went through a large period of time where I didn't eat eggs. I do really like it now, but it's no hot chocolate! I mean, come on-white hot chocolate, chocolate hot chocolate, putting candy canes in there--much more versatile!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa sometimes just puts them in plastic bags, let's be honest. When he's feeling fancy, he might use some newspaper, brown paper with stamps on it, or just wrap it in some fabric or into a reusable gift bag. 

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I think I have just white lights..since I also think they look nicer on the tree and less like a kiddie tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope...too poison-y with puppy around--and he is awesome at finding bad things to eat. Same with poinsettias.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I get around to it--usually early December, but with school being crazy, we'll see when I have time this year!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? The last few years it's been Turkey and all the things that go with it, since I didn't have it for so long!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I think mostly just staying up late, listening to Christmas Carols and talking to my sister, since we inevitably couldn't sleep and had a slumber party. Oh, and also eating buns with jam and cheese on them as we opened stockings.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My parents always played Santa and Mrs. Claus at Dad's company Christmas party. It was sort of a give away when Santa was your dad, or am I just overly observant?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yup, we used to open one gift, but it usually had to be a certain one, like one from my mom's best friend or one from our aunt and uncle.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? My christmas tree is about three feet tall, so it gets full up fast. I have some fun painted wooden balls and a bunch of decorations that we had on the tree when we were kids. Also, the tinsel made from tin from Lee Valley is awesome!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow for the first while, and then I begin to hate owning a dog and living in Canada.

12. Can you ice skate? I can, but I don't go all that often, as I don't have skates anymore. Also, I tend to slip and fall on my butt a lot!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I actually can't even think of anything I got for Christmas ever, other than the time I got my first boom box, so I could play CDs in MY ROOM AS LOUD AS I WANTED (until Mom banged on the ceiling, anyways)

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and eating my weight in cheese and nibblies.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I really like fruitcake and Christmas pudding, because I'm an old lady in disguise.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I think mostly watching it's a Wonderful life together and eating as much random and tasty food (including all the kinds of cheese) on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? A metal star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I like gift giving, but it's stressful and time consuming to shop and make things for people. 

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Generally a yum, but I can only take so much of the peppermint ones--the cherry ones are much tastier.

20. Favorite Christmas show? We always try to watch It's a Wonderful Life at the very least..any Christmas shows that are throwbacks to when I was a kid are appreciated - Rudolph, Charlie Brown's Christmas, etc.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? eMaybe it's not sad exactly, but Come All Ye Faithful is one I love to sing and gives me chills when I he

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Given the fact that all my made up silly songs are to the tune of it, I guess I'd say Silver Bells.


♥ Craftzilla 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!