Aug 31, 2011

Crafty House Tour: My Mom's Sewing Room

My mom is one of the craftiest people I know and has a lovely sewing/craft room. While I was home on the weekend, I decided to take a few pictures of her crafty space. I hope you enjoy!

Here's the door to the sewing room--she made this fun wall hanging and hung it up with a piece of trim from their old kitchen:

DSCF3513

A few shots of the room as a whole--pantry cupboards both covered in and filled with fabric! Ten kinds of scissors! One of those fancy UV lights so you can see your sewing when it's dark out! So many kinds of thread!

DSCF3538

DSCF3543
I also wish I could fit the vintage wooden sewing box (on top of the bookcase) in my suitcase to steal and bring home with me. No fair that my dad scored it for a sweet $5 at Value Village.
DSCF3542

This is a wall hanging that was actually made by my great grandmother--isn't it awesome? I love the details?

DSCF3509

DSCF3510

DSCF3511

Her Baby Lock sewing machine makes me full of jealousy--look at all the room to sew! All the stitches to use! *dies*

DSCF3539

Some of the various fun cross-stitches around the room. I definitely share mom's love of alphabet samplers--I may have to start one of these sometime soon.
DSCF3516

DSCF3515

DSCF3526

And here are some cross-stitches around the room that I made--apparently my mom inherited a lot of them:

DSCF3524

DSCF3523

DSCF3525

Stay tuned--there's more crafty goodness from my parent's house to come--there are fancy things everywhere there!

♥ Craftzilla

6 comments:

  1. WOW what a lovely room!!! You're lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Another Diamond Day Perhaps a bit luckier if I lived less than 3 hours away from there! I only get to hang out in there and touch the pretty machine once in awhile:) My sewing space is not quite so pretty--though I should clearly get inspired to make it so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying really hard to not be jealous of your mom's sewing room...and failing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Earl-Leigh I'm really trying too...and also failing. I want to smuggle her sewing machine home somehow without her noticing :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!