Jun 22, 2011

Mom's Three Bean salad

While I'm off galivanting around Toronto with my mom and sister for a belated birthday celebration, I figured I'd share one of my summer foods for keeping cool!

In my family, we always eat this as part of 'cold tea' which is a just a lunch we make when it's super hot and everyone will strangle each other at the thought of having to turn the oven on. Cold tea usually consists of the bean salad, regular salad, pickles, devilled eggs, fresh bread and cheese, tinned meats, and a bunch of fruits and things. Basically just giving a name to eating a whole bunch of weird things together in order to boycott the stove. 

DSCF2446


Mom's Three Bean Salad

1 16oz can cut green beans

1 16oz can cut wax beans

1 15oz can red kidney beans

1/2 cup green pepper

1/2 cup sugar

2/3 cup vinegar

1/3 cup oil

salt and pepper


Drain and rinse beans and combine with green pepper in a bowl. Mix together sugar, vinegar and oil and pour over beans/peppers. Mix up and add salt and pepper to taste.


Note: you CAN eat this right away, but it's really best left overnight in the fridge. Serves 6-8 people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!