Jun 18, 2011

Knitting, Cookies, and Cute things

DSCF2388

I've been knitting some new socks of late from Knit Socks!: 17 Classic Patterns for Cozy Feet by Betsy McCarthy. There's a bunch of super cute socks in this book, that all seem to be relatively simple to make. I LOVE the ones on the cover and may also need to knit those, but am currently working on the Shadowbox socks (almost one sock done!)

DSCF2394


DSCF2395


I'm really enjoying the yarn I'm using also, which is a self striping bamboo yarn that I picked up at the Knitter's Fair in Kitchener last year.

DSCF2393

DSCF2390

It also feels really fulfilling to be able to knit more than a few rows at a time! I've been dealing with some evil repetitive strain-ness in my wrists and forearms for close to 10 months, and I'm *just* starting to really get better and not have to get everyone to carry things for me, use a talk to text program to type anything, and generally just sit around icing/heating my arms a lot/ So yeah, a nice change to just relax and knit me some fancy socks instead!

In other news,  the boy got me a cookie from the grand opening of the West End Bakery. It is super cute and made me smile.Also it was tasty. Nom.

DSCF2389


As did cutie dog Jesse, who is feeling better after being pretty sick of late...silly pup, eating bad things like coffee grounds from the green waste. *waggles finger*

DSCF2398

Other cute things include making my magic wand from Brownie camp into a plant stake for my Christmas cactus--it looks pretty festive, no?

DSCF2399


Back to watching Hoodwinked for me (boy had never seen it and we were in the mood for something cute and entertaining, especially after attempting to watch (500 Days) of Summer and having to turn it off)

Anyways, hoping to get to some garage sales tomorrow morning, so off to finish my movie and to beds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!