May 24, 2011

Recipe : Mom's Apple Crisp

Now, please realize that although my mom is great, she did not create all the recipes and in fact did use a cookbook for this one. I believe this one is from the Quaker Oats Cookbook, and there appears to be one that's a bit different than the one I use located here.

Here is my much loved copy of the apple crisp recipe I always use...since I use this often, it's gotten lost a few times, and tends to get a bit food-spattered
 If you can't read my writing (which most people can't, I realize it's more of a scrawl than anything legible), here's the recipe:

6 cups of apples, peeled and cut up into cubes
Topping: 
1 cup oats (can be quick oats or regular ones as per your preference)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted 
Cinnamon (about 1 teaspoon - I usually use a bit more since I *love* cinnamon
a shake of salt

[Note: feel free to double the recipe for the topping--one can never have too much topping in my book!) 

1. Cut up the apples and place in a casserole dish/pan

2. Combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.

3. Melt the butter/margarine and pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together
4. Pour topping over the applies and press down lightly

Bake at  350 degrees for 30 minutes


The apple crisp baking --please avert your eyes from the shameless state of the bottom of my oven--food keeps jumping onto it of its own accord. It'll get cleaned one of these days..probably.

Final step--ENJOY! I had mine with ice cream and it was mighty tasty (and is just another excuse to feed my ice cream addiction)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!