Oct 9, 2010

Crafting Weekend - Tutorials to Try

I'm inadventently at home for Thanskgiving weekend, so thinking to get to some of the cooking and crafting I've been meaning to do for awhile, using some recipes and tutorials I've had bookmarked for ages.


Squash Soup


So far I've already made this Squash Soup and it was incredibly fabulous. Although I think next time, I'd add more spices to make it a spiced squash soup. But overall, great flavour--the apples were a nice touch. I also added a stalk of chopped up celery to the recipe.


Jewellry corkboard


 A thrift store near my house closed recently, and I got a super great deal on a corkboard to make a variation on this project Jewellry Corkboard . Tempted to use some Japanese black and red silk fabric my mom gave me for the background, but thinking that won't really go with my room very well. Will have to go through the stash probably.

Cakestand

I got a beautiful china plate from the same thrift store closing, plus a interestingly shaped white candlestick to make this DIY Cake Stand Not sure why this one hasn't happened yet, as I literally just have to glue the two pieces together.


Embroidery hoop wall art


I also picked up 5 to 7 embroidery hoops in various sizes, and hoping I'm able to pick a nice mix of fabrics to make a bit of an art display like this example from Apartment Therapy

Happy long weekend crafting and turkey day to everyone, and hopefully I will post the results of all this crafting soon !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!