May 26, 2009

More bugs and poems and drawings OH MY!

So craft night has also returned to my apartment with a vengeance. My roommate devised a fabulous craft for us awhile back, which has been keeping us busy ever since.
The concept:
Start with a line or a few lines of a poem
Draw a picture which represents these lines in some way
Include the lines on the picture if you would like
She came up with this idea basically as an excuse to create some art to fill up this blank space in the hallway, and really to have something of ourselves that greets people as they enter our humble abode:


I think the placement will be good though, once both of us finish and we get our pictures framed and hung, since we both chose poems that are sort of self defining, it's a little like the pictures will welcome guests to our place, and tell them a little bit about us before they even get their coats off.
In case you can't really see (my handwriting and printing is notoriously bad) the lines I chose are from TS Eliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock:

"And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin, When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways? And how should I presume?"

Picture in progress (almost completed!) :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!