May 20, 2011

Friday Inspiration - Picnics and Blankets and Summer, oh my!

Since the sun has finally come out, and the long weekend has arrived, I've been thinking of nothing but picnics and being outside! So here are some picnic-based links for your enjoyment!


Picnic Blankets

Picnic Blanket with Rock pockets --what's not to love about this! Tutorial from Sew Mama Sew

 Source
I've always enjoyed this patchwork picnic blanket from Make Something
I especially enjoy the magazine/sunglasses pouch! Very handy for all that picnic reading material I inevitably bring with me.


I made a very similar picnic blanket to this one a few years ago---Waterproof picnic blanket Tutorial from The Cottage Home. Mine isn't quite as fancy as this one, but using the waterproof vinyl tablecloth on the back sure has saved me from many a soaking, especially the years I've gone to Hillside and other outdoor concerts!

Source


Sun Hats 
 
I started to make the Simple Sun Hat from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing AGES ago --clearly it's that time of year again! Check out all the great versions of the hat people have added here!

Source

Source
 This wide brimmed hat tutorial  from Burda style is also super fancy! 


source



Don't forget to cool down the pups!

Don't forget your faithful puppy companion--they can get super hot on picnics too! Check out this dog bandana collar from Roses are Blue


Source
I already have one of these cooling bananas from ThinkGeek for the pup --wondering how well this tutorial from E-How works to make your own.....

Source

Prepare your Picnic Basket


I really like the idea of making over an old picnic basket--here's a tutorial for creating a new oilcloth lining to hold all the dishes and silverware in place --tutorial from Oilcloth Addict 

Source
 
Choose some tasty Foods

Source
  There are some great ideas for picnic lunches from:
1. All Recipes
2.  The Picnic Site
3. Picnic Recipes and Games
4. Love to Know
 
Pack up Your Lunch

Make some oilcloth reusable snack/sandwich bags to stash some tasty food in --tutorial from Notes from a very red Kitchen 

Source

I'm loving this picnic caddy tutorial from Love the Day--this is a great way to keep all the utensils and napkins and things together!

source

Here's a great way to stop salads from spilling everywhere! Salad Bowl cover from Make it Do

source


 Enjoy Your Picnic!

source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!