Bad things of the week:
- Getting stranded out of town after my placement was over Friday night for an extra 3 or 4 hours due to the bus boarding on another platform and not being told. I ended up getting home at 10:30pm (keeping in mind I left home around 8am) instead of 7pm. I also didn't have any money to get dinner, and things are definitely worse without food.
- Losing my newly knitted hat on a stopover at the Greyhound station in Toronto last Sunday! I know I just dropped this hat somewhere in the station, and since I checked with lost and found, someone clearly scooped it up for themselves. Knit wear thieves are the worst. I've started casting on a new one though which will hopefully be even more awesome than the first.
- Being away all last weekend and getting home on Sunday at 11:30pm really put a damper on my preparedness for the week. I could use many naps.
- The heat has been turned off at work way too many times this week. Space heaters and Russian hats were my saviour.
- I have a weird assignment due on Monday that I just can't wrap my head around no matter how much I've been staring at it.
- Most of all, seeing how sick my grandma has gotten just since Christmas on my weekend at home was a bit jarring. Her cancer is at the point where she's no longer getting any treatments and home care is being set up. The weekend itself was pleasant enough, hanging out knitting and chatting with Nannie, but not being able to be there regularly (my parents and grandma are a 3 to 4 hour trip away) is making me a bit upset and feeling helpless.
- Lunch with a friend
- Bought many groceries and dog food today--feeling all stocked up
- I conquered dishes mountain and the kitchen is pretty clean.
- Knitting mittens is great fun!
- I got some awesome new knitting needles
- A few surprises for a special someone arrived in the mail -excited for the time to give them
- Puppy cuddles
- Naps under my new (to me) granny square afghan
- Watching shows with the boy
- Skating and hot chocolate with the Brownies
Here's hoping for more good things than bad things next week. I think I've earned some good week karma!