I've been the world's worst editor of photos it seems, as I just found a bunch of photos from the summer that I haven't shared at all on the blog. Among them were these photos for this fun DIY jewelry display that I made to show off some of my knitted pins.
Here's what you'll need:
An old frame with a removable back and glass
Some card stock, cardboard or an old file folder
A piece of cotton batting
Glue gun and glue sticks
What I did:
- I removed the back and the glass from the frame. This frame ended up working really well for this project, since the back attached to the frame with two screws.
- Trace the inside of the frame onto the card stock/ cardboard or file folder and cut it out with scissors.
- Cut out your batting and fabric a bit larger than your cardboard shape. Lay the fabric wrong side up on a flat surface, then add the batting and the cardboard piece. (see image below)
- Wrap the fabric and batting around the cardboard and secure with your glue gun.
- Trim the excess fabric and put the back back onto your frame
Voila, you have an awesome jewelry display!
If you end up making one of these displays, I'd love to see how yours turned out!