Jun 14, 2012

New Apartment, here we come!

I just got word earlier today that our apartment has been rented, so our plans for moving to a new apartment are a definite go! Yay! Since I'm full of excitement about this move, I thought I'd share a few pictures of the space-these are the ones from the ad we originally responded to, so they aren't the best pictures and we may really need to paint, since the colours in here are so dark.  The person who lived there before makes some pretty cool stained glass lamps though, don't you think?


I think we're most excited about the kitchen compared to our current one --I think we'll actually be able to wash dishes and cook without running into each other! That and the fact that we will have access to a backyard and some garden space, as well as being away from the noise of downtown living. 


And not to mention having hardwood floors again! Our current place has carpets, and they are pretty lame when you have a dog (even if said dog is supposedly non-shedding)


Hello new bathroom and claw foot tub! I think I sense a fun shower curtain making experience in my near future as well as some fancy baths.


Anyways, that's the news of the day, and now comes the crazy part of packing, getting rid of even more things and doing all the crazy stuff associated with moving. I feel the next few weeks are probably going to be a bit crazy, but will end up being worth it in the end.

Any tips for me to stay sane during this crazy moving process?

♥ Craftzilla 


PS, check out my Introduction post that's up on the ApoCALypse blog today to learn a bit more about me and my knitting roots!

2 comments:

  1. The new place looks awesome! I loved not having carpet in our last rental (even though we don't have any pets). It is so much easier to keep clean! As for my moving tips - start early and invite friends over to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! Yeah, looking forward to less puppy hair tumbleweeds everywhere for sure!

      Yup that's the plan, just gotta sort when we're able to move, hopefully on a day where an optimal number of friends will stop by to be paid in beer!

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!