Oct 25, 2011

DIY: Meet Zentron the Robot

I don't know if I've properly introduced you all to Zentron, the DIY robot that I made for my boyfriend a few Christmases ago.  Please say hi to him!

DSCF1993

I was trying to figure out something fun to make that was easy and used only items from the dollar store, as I was working on a budget for gifts.

What I used:

A no-name Rubix cube
4 plastic and metal oil pourers (for the arms and legs)
A cheap battery powered alarm clock for the head
A mini compass that I took off a carbiner/flashlight combo thing from my old work --but I've also seem them at the dollar store.
Gorilla glue

This was a really easy craft - I literally just glued everything together with the Gorilla glue. You can use any other kind of glue you want, I just found that the pieces didn't stick very well onto the Rubix cube using either super glue or a glue gun.

Easy as that, and you have yourself a lovely robot friend to call your own!

Variations
Add buttons
Perhaps a Sombrero or other kind of hat
Maybe he should hold something?
Robot dog?

♥ Craftzilla

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!