Sep 26, 2011

September Sponsors -- Show a Little Love

I asked my sponsors this month to either share a first day of school memory or any kind of school related story that helped you to grow into the person you are today. I'd love for you to check out their answers, and give them a little love by visiting their blogs, shops or saying hi to them on Twitter!

pattern_bunting
Gillian from Building Bumps 


[BLOG] [FACEBOOK]

Tell me a bit about you/your blog/your shop/what makes you awesome

Hey! I'm Gillian from Building Bumps. I'm a part time photog, an any time (all the time) blogger, and a full time mom to one really hip little dude. We're building a big addition on our house to make room for our growing little fam, hence the name! You'll find bits and pieces of our reno randomly strewn about, along with heaps of baby goodness, great photography, the odd artsy moment, and random pieces of our silly little life out on the Canadian east coast... pop by for a visit!

First day of school memory or any kind of school related story

I was a total slacker in high school and hung out with the wrong crowd. How i made it out intact is a mystery to all who know me!  My only consolation is that there's very little chance my kid could be as bad as I was... I hope!  



pattern_bunting
Kelly From Embrace the Apocylypse





Tell me a bit about you/your blog/your shop/what makes you awesome

A geek-loving perfectionist's guide to take little AHA! moments and bring creativity to everyday life. 

First day of school memory or any kind of school related story

It's so hard to think of just one school story to share, because just about all of mine seem to have a common theme...being different and letting my star shine!

I'm going to take you way back to the Christmas season of 1984, my kindergarten Christmas play (back when they let you do that sort of thing). Our teacher had assigned each of us different holiday things to dress up as. I lucked out! I got to be the coolest thing ever...the Christmas tree! My teacher had no idea what she had just done. She was expecting last-minute, homemade, cheesy costumes...she obviously didn't know my mom. I showed up in the most amazing Christmas tree costume ever, with apple ornaments & a star!

Guess my mom was right...I was born to be a star!


pattern_bunting 
Amanda from Elf House Chronicles

Photobucket

[BLOG] [SHOP] [TWITTER


Tell me a bit about you/your blog/your shop/what makes you awesome

My blog is a hodge podge about everything - but mainly my life and the new direction it is headed. I have a newly blended family, including 4 step-kids. Every day is a new adventure and I have lots of fun stories I share. I talk about the good and bad days. I talk about things I love. I talk about my Etsy shop. But mainly I share the chaos of my life + 4 kids + 3 dogs + 1 fella!


 First day of school memory or any kind of school related story
I don't have any first day of school memories per se. Which is funny watching our 4 kids this weekend as they geared up for the first day back. We had fashion shows and picked outfits, butterflies and nervousness, pep talks and advice... so you would think I would have some of those same images seared into memory. Now that I'm a parent, I know that school is so super important because I know that is paves the way for the kids future. And I want them to realize that and take it seriously so that they are able to suceed in life. I am always stressing to them that they will have very few friends in life, but many acquaintances. That this is only a small snapshot in their life - but to enjoy it and take everything they can from it... but to let it to be a building block to a bright and exciting future!


pattern_bunting

Claire from Polka Dot Pretties

me
[BLOG] [SHOP] [TWITTER]


Tell me a bit about you/your blog/your shop/what makes you awesome
Hi i am Claire; i am a SAHM to 4 beautiful girls under 10. We lie in the UK.
When i am not busy, running around with them, I like nothing better to sit at my sewing machine and create :)
I started teaching myself to sew last year, during a difficult pregnancy which left me “housebound”, not content with sitting and doing nothing, i watched and practised sewing; I also started blogging and talking about my sewing adventures.
A year later i enrolled onto a “IndieBiz” course, which gave me the skills, confidence and information that I needed to start my own business, “Polkadot-Pretties” .
I recently had my first sale though my etsy shop.



pattern_bunting 
Kami from Searching for Serendipity 


[BLOG]  [TWITTER] [FACEBOOK]


Tell me a bit about you/your blog/your shop/what makes you awesome
 
My name is Kami and I'm a tattooed and crafty mommy blogger. In my spare time (what little I have with a newborn!) I can be seen running around my house in dress up clothes, sometimes glue gunning my fingers together, and often hunched over my sewing machine madly creating new stuffies. I live to create, love to thrift, and hope to start my own home based business one day....stop by the blog and follow along on my adventures in parenthood, mothering, crafting, and gardening!

 First day of school memory or any kind of school related story

Back to school for me was always such an exciting time! I grew up in a really strict household and wasn't allowed to do very much for fun. So school meant freedom to paint, draw, play, and be myself.....I felt that way even throughout highschool. I am still a nerd and LOVED University and College too!! I am always looking for new and exciting things to learn.

pattern_bunting 
Angie from Artsy You

A lick

[BLOG]  [TWITTER]

Tell me a bit about you/your blog/your shop/what makes you awesome
I am the mom of a beautiful little girl named Violet who is my Rainbow after a storm. I have been a stay at home mom for the past few months but prior to this I was Program Coordinator for an amazing art program called Art Sparks where I got to work directly with those with developmental disabilities. Having had the joy to work with people of all abilities, skill levels and ages I decided to create a Blog about everything artsy to share my love of art. I love making short lessons, activities and just finding amazing art on the internet to share with the world.

First day of school memory or any kind of school related story

Every year for back to school my mom would give my brother and I a budget so we could pick out 1 awesome outfit for the first day of school. I remember trying to decide exactly what I wanted to get, and often never wearing the outfit again LOL. I loved coming home with our new outfits, school stuff and supplies and spending hours doing fashion shows for my parents with our new clothes and organizing all my supplies.


pattern_bunting

Mary from Bonjour Miss Mary 


[BLOG] [SHOP] [TWITTER]

Tell me a bit about you/your blog/your shop/what makes you awesome

My name is Mary from "Bonjour, Miss Mary."! I am a first year law student on the west coast and new blogger! I started blogging at the beginning of this summer to record my adventures in life including kitchen mishaps and achievements, crafting attempts, and techie reviews! When I am not blogging or studying contracts and torts, I am usually playing with my Scottie/Yorkie mix puppy named Atticus!
I also just launched an Etsy shop featuring soaps, vintage tins, coasters, and note cards! I am in the process of adding more things every month!!!

First day of school memory or any kind of school related story

I vividly remember my first day of school...ever. I was only five years old and was so excited to start spending my days in an environment full of new people! I refused for my parents to walk me to my classroom (although they insisted that they do so). As soon as I saw my teacher I tugged away from my mother and ran over to Mrs. P to cheerfully exclaim that her "watch is soooo pretty! My name is Mary and I am in YOUR class!". Ever since then, it was clear that I would grow up to be an independent woman, never afraid to make new friends wherever I go. :]

pattern_bunting

Ashley from After Nine to Five 

 [BLOG] [SHOP] [TWITTER]

Tell me a bit about you/your blog/your shop/what makes you awesome

 I'm Ashley, owner of the shop and blog After Nine To Five. I'm self-employed and have been for almost a year now. I love every minute of it, no matter how crazy it gets. I love food and photography, although usually not together because I'm too busy devouring my meal to take pictures. I love traveling and sharing my adventures on my blog.

First day of school memory or any kind of school related story 

I remember the first day of my German class in middle school. I had no idea what to expect as it was my first time even considering another language. We stepped into the room and no one could sit down - everyone had to stand against the wall and wait for the teacher to call out random German names and then pick someone that reminded her of that name. For the next few years, you were not allowed to call someone their real name in her class and would get scolded for doing so. So every day, for at least one hour out of the week days for a few years, I was referred to as Gertrude.


♥ Craftzilla

P.S. The banner images in this post are from here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!