Jul 29, 2011

Day 18: Does the way you dress show your creativity? How? If not, why not?

I sort of covered my thoughts on colours and what I wear in my post for Day 2. 
I think my problem with dressing how I'd like to amounts to a few things.

1) Time to poke around in thrift stores --I don't have a lot of it, and clothes that fit me properly and don't need a lot of altering are not readily available
2) Money --I'm trying to be a frugal Craftzilla of late and get some debts and things paid off and this does not leave a lot of monies for new things
3) Poor time management --let's face it, I'm not great at going to bed on time or getting up when I should, and my apartment is chaotic and either I can't find things or everything is in the laundry, all at once
4) Outfit planning --I am bad at this. I'm constantly asking boy whether things match or if this shirt looks good with this pants or something. He's taken over this role that my sister used to fill when I lived at home and roommates when I had them.

So, since these appear to be a lot of reasons why it's hard for me to get dressed in anything other than yoga pants and a t-shirt, or whatever else readily comes to hand, I thought I'd practice a bit of my outfit putting together skills --including accessories, which I love but can never figure out what to wear with which outfits.





Source: gap.com via Gillian on Pinterest

Source: etsy.com via Gillian on Pinterest


Any thoughts on my outfit planning? Do I match?


♥ Craftzilla

2 comments:

  1. You match! But if you think about it, you would look a little fourth of July... Blue and White Stars... White shirt... Red bag... Red, White and Blue.... all you need is stripy shoes and you'd be starts and stripes too :).

    I think you've got it down though! I love the glasses necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sylvanfire

    Lol, I was thinking that after I did this actually :) Clearly I should be all red and white and maple leaves to be patriotic to the right country!

    I love the glasses necklace too--brings that hint of librarian to the whole ensemble, hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!