This pin fulfills all of these requirements and is a great way to re-use all of those metal badge buttons from random events that most people have lying around their house. I have a ton of these lying around, likely related to my penchant in highschool for wearing different and amusing pins on my school uniform everyday(the only one that wasn't so kosher with Catholic school was, unsurprisingly, a Labbatt beer pin I had) However, you can also buy these kinds of buttons inexpensively from second-hand stores which often have boxes of them for the picking in tons of different shapes and sizes.
I wore this pin on my winter jacket for about 5 or 6 years and always got compliments about it, though recently lost it on the subway somewhere, so I hope someone out there is still enjoying it!
Degree of difficulty-Peaceful
- 1 round metal button with a pin backing (I used a round 2 1/2 inch one, but any size will do)
- Embellishments---old buttons, beads, small lengths of chain, other small items
- Paint (fabric paint or regular acrylic)
- Glue Gun
1. Paint the surface and sides of the button with the paint and allow to dry.
2. Attach buttons, chain and other small items to the surface of the button using the glue gun.
3. Pin on and wear!