Nov 18, 2012

Day 16: Someone who inspires me - Frida Kahlo


To be honest, I had a bit of a hard time coming up with someone who inspired me, I guess because in my head I was trying to thing of someone who inspired me the most in my entire life, which is a bit of a daunting task! So I settled for the latest in the line of many inspirations - Frida Kahlo. I was reading an article in the paper about her recent exhibition in Toronto, and was struck by a few things about her life that particularly spoke to me. The idea of most of her paintings being self portraits, and her assertion that "I paint myself because I am so often alone and because I am the subject I know best" really got me thinking about how art can be such a powerful vehicle for getting to know oneself. I mean, how much time do we really spend getting to know ourselves and how many of us are able to express that knowledge to others in any meaningful kind of way? And how many of us would take a time like being confined to a body cast to make a new work or art? 



♥ Craftzilla 

Sources:  1/ 2/ 3 / 4


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!