Apr 15, 2012

Things I Made and Saw: Decorating, Skirts & Quilting

I've been having a pretty low key weekend here, and have mostly been trying to organize a few things around the house including putting up some pictures and finishing up some sewing. We also had a few friends over, and had some tasty food like burgers and home made chocolate pudding.

I finally am making some progress with hanging up some of embroideries and other art around the house:

DSCF4819

I also finally hung up my set of embroidered hoops in my bedroom, along with my collection of dream catchers. I recently finished the green one, and the others were given to me as gifts.

DSCF4821

I've been wanting to get back into making some clothes for myself again, so decided to practice making a skirt or two in a smaller scale with some larger scraps of fabric from my stash. I think this one turned out pretty cute:

DSCF4822

Knitting a long skinny scarf for a custom order:

DSCF4834

I'm also making good progress on quilting the baby quilt I'm working on:

DSCF4832

DSCF4833

And as always, a sleepy puppy by my side:

DSCF4836

♥ Craftzilla

Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. Oh have you ever been busy! I love your embroidery hoops on your wall and that skirt looks darling! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to do more crafting lately for sure! And to hang up some pictures in a way I like, since I've lived in this apartment for oh, two years? hah. I'm glad the skirt turned out, and it was good practice. Now to make a Gillian sized one!

      Delete
  2. Hi Gillian, thank for stopping by the nest! I adore that green funky fabric in the hoops... such a fun arrangement too!! Keep it crafty, lady. ;o)
    Mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mel! Ah yes, vintage sheets are so great, right? That's where I got the fun fabric! And I'm really enjoying my bedside view - so fancy now:)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for linking up this lovely project!!!
    This week’s linky party is up, i would love you to stop by and link up another fabulous project....
    http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_21.html
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!