Mar 22, 2012

Life is Like Riding a Bicycle...




I came across the above quote today and thought it was pretty apt. Life really is like riding a bicycle in terms of the need for movement and wind in your hair, and some effort on your part to fulfil it's purposes. Otherwise, as a friend said to me the other day, you're just heading towards entropy and a whole lot of getting nothing done when you have all the time in the world to do things and no desire or reason to do them.

I've definitely been feeling this way lately, as deadlines sneak up on me, the semester of school is coming to an end and work is beginning to be more plentiful (more on this later :P) At any rate, I'm having fun getting back on the proverbial bike, but I think I must have not got my 'bike legs' yet, because I'm wobbly and can't even do fancy tricks like steering one handed. Nor would it really be a good idea, with the amount of sleep I've had lately!

So as always, I'm looking for balance and not always finding it right away, and instead of beating myself up about it, I am just going to take time when I need it and do as much as I can.

 For me, not taking on everything all at once and taking a break when I need to is progress, and I'm choosing to celebrate it as a success today.

♥ Craftzilla 




Elf House Chronicles



8 comments:

  1. I agree with your post. I was thinking of that when I was listening to that song "life is a highway" - because that is true. All the windy paths, the potholes along the way, there is always someone behind you/in front of you and someone who flies by you in life as when you are driving.

    I hope things in your mind clear up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words lady! I hope things get a bit more clear and balanced for me too....would be nice:) And yeah, I know there will always be people ahead and behind. I guess it's really just a matter of keeping your eyes on your own road:)

      Delete
  2. That is so true and really thought provoking. Thanks for sharing this quote it's one of my favorites right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the post and it got you thinking too:)

      Delete
  3. Oh, the all elusive balance. I know I'm constantly searching for it! I think no matter our circumstances, it's hard for any of us to find the balance we need. It's something I'm continuously working on and feel like I'm never achieving! Thanks for linking up lovely lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...if only I had that for like 1 day, things would be easier some weeks! Or I just need to go and live in a hut on a mountain or something :P

      Delete
  4. Great analogy! Certainly not the easiest thing to maintain, balance is, but it's such an important thing to strive for...otherwise it's crazy-times! Hope you don't get too swamped with school and work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordy! Glad to know you have some support out there and that everyone else if just as crazy unbalanced sometimes :P

      Delete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!