Feb 3, 2012

29 Leaps - Get Involved

I found out about this video from my friend Jeff (Guelph has quite an active local community on Twitter) who passed this video onto me (and 28 others)   with the message to spread the word and help get people involved in something  called the 29 Leaps project.



 The premise

The idea behind this project is that since this February is a leap year, we have an extra day to help those who are sick. lonely, homeless, or hurting, and try to make a genuine difference in other people's lives. I know I don't spend enough time doing this kind of thing, and it always feels good to give back to the community in some way.

How to get involved


Use the magic of the number 29 to do something special to celebrate this month that helps others in some way. Be creative, use your skills and strengths and do something meaningful.

Some ideas  include donating  29 cents, 29 dollars or some other amount to charity, spending 29 minutes helping someone else, crafting  up 29 things to donate to a charity, or passing the word on about this project to 29 people, like Jeff did. One participant, A Crafty Cupcake, is donating 29 knit hats to her local NICU for premature babies.

Above all, be kind, help others and be creative!


Connect 

You can connect with 29 Leaps on Facebook, Twitter (hashtag #29Leaps or #Guelph29 to check out what's going on in my town) or on Youtube.

If you participate in any way, make sure to count your 29 leap on the website's Leap counter!

My first leap? 

To spend 29 minutes to watch the video, research the project and write this post to get you all informed, and hopefully involved in this great project !

What's next

I'm brainstorming a few more ideas that I'll share throughout this month on the blog. If you're going to get involved, I'd love to hear any of your 29 things! If anyone would like to collaborate on a project, also leave me a comment or send me an email.

♥ Craftzilla




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!