Jul 17, 2011

Things I made and saw: Art, Art and more art!

This weekend was the annual "Art on the Street" event here in Guelph. Here are some photos from our explorations of all the great things artists in Guelph have to offer.

It was a beautiful (though super hot) day

DSCF2759

DSCF2760

There were musics
DSCF2768

Lots of people looking about

DSCF2770

And many fun arts!

DSCF2769

This Darth Vader helmet was AWESOME

DSCF2771


DSCF2772


DSCF2773

We ran into some other puppies too--Jesse was most pleased to meet this adorable pug!

DSCF2774

DSCF2776


We also went to see Lisa, my lovely studio mate at her booth! Jesse likes her lot,s if you couldn't tell

DSCF2777

Some shots of Lisa's booth and art --you can see some more of her art here

DSCF2778

DSCF2779

Onwards to more art! There were some awesome displays

DSCF2781

DSCF2782


DSCF2783

DSCF2784


DSCF2785

DSCF2786

Pretty baskets on our way home

DSCF2789

Here are the prints that made their way home with us--hoping to either get some frames or think of some fun ways to display them!

DSCF2808
One of Lisa's Prints- Calm in the Forest

DSCF2807

DSCF2806

DSCF2805

DSCF2804

DSCF2802

Other than that, we've been trying to beat the heat and having lots of naps!

I also was working on some of my own art today, while sitting and watching my new love, Netflix. This is still in progress, and is a mosaic using paint chips and old, cut-up TTC passes from when I lived in Toronto.

DSCF2801


♥ Craftzilla

2 comments:

  1. Cool prints, wish we had an art show like that in Halifax! And no, you are not commenting on yourself... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gillian

    Thanks! I'm surprised there's not more stuff like that in Halifax--is it not v. artsy out there?

    And yes, I did do a bit of a double take for a second, thinking that I had commented weirdly on my own post! Nice to meet you, fellow Gillian! I'm perusing your blog now:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!