Jul 20, 2011

Day 13: Try something new! Play today with a new form of art or craft!

I don't usually do a lot with collaging or that sort of thing, but had cut out these old paint chips and cut up old Metropasses into squares ages ago, thinking that I would make some sort of mosaic with them, possibly on a table top, or just make some fun notebooks or something like that.


I ended up taking a canvas board, and gluing the paint chips and metropass squares on the canvas board to start, in what I feel is a pleasing, rainbow-like pattern:)

DSCF2801

DSCF2869


While I was working on this, the boy made some good suggestions about things to add to this to make the link between the transit passes in the mosaic clear--the one I liked the best was the idea to layer a Toronto map over top of the top of the mosaic I made.

DSCF2870


I had some old maps lying around, so I cut this shape out of an old Toronto map I had lying around, and glued it on over top of my mosaic, and the used Modge Podge over the whole thing, after the map got a bit bubbly.


Here's the finished product:

DSCF2871



What do you think? I feel it should be called something like "Heart of Toronto  :)

♥ Craftzilla

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment love! I love to hear from you and I hope you come back to visit often. I'd love it if you left me a link to your blog so I can visit you back!